Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 7 & 8 of Thanks...

I'm combining two days because they go hand in hand... Plus I'm a busy working momma and didn't have time to write yesterday! So, on these two days I am thankful for my job and the wonderful kids that go along with it. :) I absolutely LOVE my job and I know not everyone can say that so I feel very blessed. I honestly wake up happy about going in to work everyday (not that I love getting up early.. but once I'm up, I'm good!). I kind of always knew that I wanted to be a teacher. Sure, the pay isn't outstanding, but I'm not complaining! It's definitely better than some and the real pay, which is intrinsic, is completely worth it!! Knowing that you could be the only positive influence in a childs life is pretty awesome... and making a difference is even better. I teach science, but I also teach life.... how to show respect, what is appropriate and what is not, how to treat others (BIG thing in my classroom), discipline, maturity, compassion, attitude, how to write (you think I'm kidding.. I'm not.), organizational skills (the fact that I'm so OCD really gets on their nerves, but I think they secretly like it), and anything else they may need help with... and believe me, an 8th grader needs a lot of help! People always ask me why in the world I teach at this age level... Well, I want to make a huge difference and what better age to do that in than this one?! This is the time of their life they are totally transitioning and becoming the person they will end up being. This is the time to help mold them into a really great young adult. I'm hard on my kids and they know I have very high expectations of them.. but you know what?? They respect me and deep down, they love it. Yes, there are days that I want to pull my hair out, but all in all.. I love my job and I love these kids to pieces. I'm also lucky enough to be a Student Council advisor. That is a lot of fun and those kids are really special to me. They really do have huge hearts and I try really hard to humble them. They do a lot of great things and make me really proud. To make it even better... I absolutely love the friends I have made at work. They are some of the best friends that I'm very blessed to have in my life. Gosh, I guess this could have been split into about 4 days.. haha! Needless to say, I'm happy where I'm at and thank God for blessing me to work in such an amazing school district.. especially one that doesn't take out God. Thank you Jesus!
 Student Council held a clothes drive a few weeks ago and the turn out was AMAZING!! That just shows what great kiddos we have at AMS. These are some of my kids helping sort and fold clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment