Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 18 & 19 of Thanks...

These are both going to be about Christian of course.. :) First of all, I am thankful and very blessed that I have not had to put him in daycare. I stayed home with him for 10 weeks and when I went back to work I was fortunate enough to leave him with the people that love him the most, besides me! My mom keeps him 2 days a week and my husband has him the other 3 days. He works a lot of weekends so it worked out best that way.  However, he is 9 1/2 months old now and I'm starting to feel like it might be time to change that. He is so happy on Sundays when he is in the nursery playing with the other little kids. Sometimes I feel bad that he doesn't have as much social interaction as he would if he did go to daycare. I've been praying about it a lot so we will see what happens. Maybe we will wait it out until the yucky sickly season is over! Corey is trying out for the Fayetteville Fire Dept in about two weeks though and if he gets the job, I guess that will be God's plan anyway! I'm glad that I will atleast be at peace with the decision if we have to because up until now I think I would have died if I had to put him in daycare! 

I am also soooo thankful that Christian says momma now!!! I have waited on this day to come forever!! haha! He has said it here and there in the past, but only a few times and it was very random. Now he says it, ALL THE TIME! It completely melts my heart, unlike anything else! He has been teething really bad lately and last night he woke up crying so I went and got him and put him in bed with me. He was burning up and ended up having a fever - 101 - I freaked out until I read my little book and it said don't call the doctor unless it's 103. Thank goodness for that book by the way, moms.. if you don't have "What to Expect the First Year," you need to purchase it now! It's been a life saver.. along with babycenter e-mail updates.. love them! Anyway, totally got off the subject..... So I went ahead and changed him and gave him a bottle since he wasn't feeling good and then I put him back to bed. Well, that only lasted about 3 minutes and then I heard whining and "momma, momma, momma, momma." Umm... pretty sure I JUMPED out of bed to get him!!! It was one of the best moments ever, seriously. I've always known that he depends on me, obviously, but to hear him say "momma" when he really needed me. Whew - nothing like it!! I ended up giving him a warm bath to break his fever.. He went to sleep right after that and slept until 9:00 this morning. Sweet little angel - I love him to pieces!!!
 We built his 1st fort :)
 
 
 my little doll face
 How cute is that?!
 Uh oh! I dropped my book.
Melts my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment