Friday, June 8, 2012

Do you want a boy or girl...???

The most popular question of all time.... Do you guys want a boy or girl??  This is always one of the first questions but I've been getting it a ton since I started the wives tale blogs.  So here is our honest answer.... We definitely wanted a boy when we first found out.  Reasons... Christian and baby #2 will be less than 2 years apart and we thought it would be so neat for our boys to grow up together.  I think Christian would love having a little brother to play with and teach everything to.  Also, I just kind of see myself as a "boy mom."  I know that's hard for many to believe because they automatically think I want a girl to dress up and put bows in their hair, but I've really never wanted that more than playing with little boys outside and thinking about the excitement of going to their football/basketball/baseball/whatever they want to do games!  Now that I have a little boy I can't imagine having a little girl... he just melts my heart and the thought of having another little him makes me crazy with excitement!!!  Corey's obvious answer is, boy, I want boys! haha!  No surprise there!  
*
We've honestly not put much thought into having a little girl because for some reason we just assume we will have boys... I have no idea why!  However..... lately we have talked a lot about a baby girl..  The more we talk about it, the more excited we get.  Of course I would LOVE having a little girl to play with and do her hair, nails, toenails, dress her up, and teach her how to be a little lady.  I also want a relationship like my mom and I have with a daughter... and then I started thinking about first dates, prom, wedding... I would absolutely love to have a little girl to share all that with.  I think the idea scares Corey more than anything - boy, would he be over protective!!  I know she would completely melt that mans heart!!!  
*
So, our answer is.... We want a healthy baby!  and whatever God thinks we should have to add to our family is what we will be entirely grateful for and beyond excited!!!  Either one will be a complete blessing and we can not wait to find out! =)  I will say, if it's a boy he will be nameless for a little while because we can not decide!! We have it narrowed down.... But we are absolutely set on our girl name and I love love LOVE it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment