Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

It was one of the best days... everything was just perfect!  I woke up to the sweetest husband and little boy cooking breakfast, flowers, cards, and gifts.  I had three separate cards... one from Corey, one from Christian, and one from Khloe! haha I thought that was hilarious and really sweet of Corey!  Khloe even got me a Malco gift card. ;)  Christian got me a new CHI max air.... I was very surprised!  I didn't even really know how in the world Corey knew to buy me this.  I asked him what made him think of it and he said he heard me griping about mine being so old when I was getting ready one morning, and he remembered!  I mean, how sweet!!  We all got ready and went to church.  It was a great service and all the mom's got Beth Moore devotionals.  That was really sweet.  My mother in law and her boyfriend met us at church and then we all went to lunch at Catfish Hole.  Christian loves hush puppies and so does momma! :)  Christian was exhausted by the time we got home so we all took a 2 hour nap.. it was so nice!  Corey had planned on taking me to pick out flowers to plant, so we headed to Lowe's after we woke up.  I got a lot of beautiful flowers and monkey grass and he planted them all for me.  We finished up one side of our landscape beds, the barrel, and the landscaping around the mailbox - Corey is doing lawns and landscaping now and he is wonderful!!!  He's such a perfectionist and such a hard worker... I'm just so proud of him!  
 
 
 I also got this cute little flag! :)
 *
I got to hang out with my momma a lot over the weekend and that always make me happy!!  I am soooo blessed to have such an amazing mom who is also my very best friend!!  Our preacher talked about raising your children in church and to know God and that is exactly what she did.  I owe her big time for raising me the way she did and I will do the very same thing for Christian.  She took me shopping on Saturday for Mother's Day and I enjoyed that time with her so much!!  After we got home from Lowe's, my dad and step mom came over and brought me a card and chocolate covered strawberries.  It was really sweet... and I finally got my chocolate covered strawberries!!!  I've been craving them for weeks!  They stayed and hung out with Christian for a while and visited.  When everyone left, we went in the backyard and played and Corey cooked out.  Christian LOVES being outside!!  He is the happiest when he's playing in the yard!  He learned to climb up the stairs on our back porch and that is pretty much all he wanted to do... I bet he climbed up and down 50 times! ha!!  Core grilled steaks and they were delicious!!!  We had the best dinner and Christian loved it, too!  He even ate salad with us... haha That boy will eat anything!  I know this is nothing new and may not be a big deal but it is to me and last night it just hit me.. My husband always prays before we eat dinner and I don't know if he understands how special that is to me.  I finally told him last night... It means so much to me that Christian will grow up with that being the norm.  I love that man so much... he sure has my heart and I am beyond blessed to have him as my husband!!!  
 
 *
Well, that pretty much wraps up my wonderful Mother's Day... I am not deserving of the special people in my life but I sure am blessed and thank God for them everyday.  The greatest gift of all is being sweet Christian's mommy and to think we have another little angel on the way is just pure bliss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment