Saturday, May 26, 2012

Kick Off to Memorial Weekend

What a great start it has been to Memorial Day weekend!!  We had planned on going to the lake on Friday to hang out with friends and then drive back late that night, BUT.... I had one of my biggest mommy moments yet and decided I was too afraid to be on the roads that late with the drunks!  I didn't want to risk getting in a wreck... It's insane how your thinking completely changes when you have kids!  Instead, we went to dinner at Pink Flamingo - LOVE their bbq.. and we went to see the Avengers, finally!!  My husband has been dying to see it and since he took me to see What to Expect When Expecting earlier in the week, I figured I owed it to him!  I ended up loving it!!!  Such a great movie!  
*
Today, Saturday, we had a momma's day out!  My mom and I went to lunch, shopping, and to get my nails done.  It was such a great day - always is when I'm with my sweet mom!!  She had never been to Fuji so we had to go there for lunch.. she loved it, of course!  We went to Motherhood Maternity because they were having a sale and I got so many cute things!!  I ended up with a pair of shorts, capris, and 6 shirts!!!  Thanks, mom! :)  We also hit up the "Target area" - which is what I call it! ha!  We really only went to Carters and Charming Charlie.  I found the cutest pair of sandals there thanks to my mom.. She has a good eye!  I got a couple pairs of earrings because I'm always suckered into their jewelry, and Christian got tons of new clothes, like always!  Mom bought him a cute little Memorial Day outfit for church tomorrow!  When we got home Corey had the pool set up!  Whoohoo!!!  He has been dreading putting that thing up but I am so grateful!  Now we just have to fill it up tomorrow and hopefully it will be swim-ready for Memorial Day! =)  I am so happy to have it for Christian.. He is going to loooove all the water time!!  This evening Corey and I went out and finally re-did our main landscape bed.. We have been wanting to for a while and did all of the other ones first.  He finally got a bench that he had in mind for it so it was time to get it all done.  We pretty much pulled up everything besides the two trees and monkey grass to rearrange and throw some things out.  It looks beautiful and I am so stinkin thankful for such a hard working hubby!!!  He has been sealing all the windows while I finally finished my little chalkboard for my weekly photos - so I can finally take one tomorrow, a few days late but oh well!  Now it's time for a long hot bath and getting everyone's church clothes ironed for tomorrow!  Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe holiday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment