Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Yes, I know.. I'm super behind on blogging. I can't skip Memorial Day weekend though because it was such a great 3 days with my family! Corey and I went to the lake Friday night for the "Elliot's Annual Friday before Memorial Party." It was our first night away from Christian.. :(  I called and checked in about every hour like a crazy mom but it was the only thing that made me feel okay about being away. Don't get me wrong, I know he is in GREAT hands with my momma, but I just missed  my baby boy a whole lot! It was nice to get away with the hubs though... we had a wonderful night out together! :) We came home early Saturday morning because I couldn't handle being away any longer! 
One of the pictures we took at the party :)
Saturday was a great day filled with hanging out around the house with my little family. Saturday night we went to Avery's parents house in Ozark for her birthday/going away party. She is going to the Middle East for the summer to teach English (brave girl). It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL out at her parents house. We had the best time!! Christian thoroughly enjoyed being passed around to everyone! We rode the 4-wheelers down to the barn and saw the baby colt... so precious! It was so much fun!
Watching the deer run around



Sunday we had a cook-out with my mom and Curt, Dee and John, and My Aunt Vickie and Uncle Warren. Corey cooked out a ton of food and it was a great time! Once again, Christian loved all the attention!! Monday was Memorial Day and Corey had to work. :( He has been wanting to go kayaking really bad lately and had a trip planned for Tuesday with the guys. I thought I would surprise him and go buy him a kayak and have it on the Jeep when he got home!! Dad and I went to Academy and bought him everything he needed! I was so excited for him to come home and see it!! The look on his face was priceless!! He was so happy! I plan on getting one myself at some point this summer so I can start going with him! They have a really cute pink one that I think would fit me just perfect! ;) 
My wonderful hubby cooking for us!
He was so excited!!!
He was wore out from all the excitement over the weekend!


 I feel like I'm a little more caught up now.. I'll try to stay more up to date! I'm off to bed now though.. ready to tackle my last 4 days of work for the summer!! :) Whoo hoo!!

Until next time... Have a wonderful night!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment