Saturday, June 18, 2011

To My Husband...

First of all... tomorrow is a very special day.. It is my husbands first Father's Day!! :) I'm very excited to celebrate with him. I love this man with everything in me... He is hands down the BEST husband and daddy I could have ever asked for. God blessed me greatly by putting Corey in my life. I'll start out by saying, he was so supportive during my pregnancy... I was really sick during the first part of my pregnancy and he did everything for me. He never let me know if he was nervous about the labor part because he wanted to stay strong for me... and that he was! I couldn't have asked for a better partner in labor and delivery!! He was amazing... he held my hand for every needle that I had to go through and was an awesome delivery coach. The look on his face when our precious baby was born was absolutely priceless.. It's a look I will never forget. When he handed Christian to me with tears in his eyes, I completely fell in love with him all over again. Having a baby has to be the biggest bonding experience you could possibly ever go through... It's life changing. Christian is no doubt our little angel sent from Heaven. 

After we came home from the hospital, Corey stepped up to the daddy role immediately. There wasn't a single night that went by that he did not get up with me. I got a virus when Christian was a little over 2 weeks old and was scared to go around him because I didn't want to get him sick. I asked my mom to come over and help out... Corey told her to go on home and get some sleep because he could handle it... He did it all on his own until I got better a couple of days later. That right there is something very special to me. I just couldn't believe how natural he was at it... and how much he wanted to be involved. He didn't want to miss a single thing. I'll never forget one night we had our friends over and someone made a joke saying, "well you aren't missing out on much sleep since it's her job to get up are you?" His reply was, "Man, I would never let her get up by herself... that's my bonding time." Oh, how that comment melted my heart!!! He hasn't missed one night of bedtime... Every night we have a routine.. We change Christian, put his jammies on, put him in bed, give him his blankie, and say a prayer with him. I'm so proud of the dad he is. He will be Christian's hero and such a great role model for my little boy. I'm lucky to have someone that equally believes in the importance of raising our children in church. God will always be number one in our life as a couple and a family. I could go on and on about how wonderful of a husband and daddy he is. I am beyond blessed and I hope he knows just how special he is!!!
A little while before Christian arrived..
Handing me our angel for the first time...

Holding Christian's hand at his first doctors appointment
 
 

Christian's first time to church
Bath time
Watching TV with daddy
 
 

Taking Christian to see the Easter Bunny
 
 
Our first pet... Khloe
 
Shaking daddy's hands... His Hero <3
Happy Father's Day to my sweet husband, Corey... We love you so much!!











No comments:

Post a Comment