Monday, June 6, 2011

Our newest addition...

My husband has wanted a German Shepherd for as long as I've known him... I on the other hand, have serious issues with my house smelling fresh and clean always, so the thought of a dog in the house made me a little crazy. I also don't want to put a dog outside all the time either... it's just too hot in the summers and too cold in the winters! Sooo... I gave in and decided a German Shepherd puppy would be the perfect Father's Day present for my hubby! After a LONG search I finally found one that was reasonably priced and had the markings like he wanted. It took such a long time for me to find one because they are super expensive! I'm talking thousands of dollars!! I should have known it was too good to be true to have found one for $500 that looked exactly like we had wanted... but I was so excited I called immediately and made arrangement to pick him up the next day in Missouri. Well, long story short, I think it was a scam.. the people insisted I wire money before they would meet me. I was so disappointed and had kinda given up. At this point, I had already showed Corey the pictures of his new puppy and he was excited too. He just thought the whole ordeal sounded a little fishy. The next morning, Corey called me and said a lady had listed some in the paper so I called the number.. She was out of Oklahoma and was SUPER sweet and informative! We went to take a look at her puppies as soon as Corey got off work and picked out our new little addition, Khloe. She is just the sweetest natured puppy! She came up to Corey right when he bent down and started loving on him. He knew she was the one. We took Christian with us and he just loved all the puppies!! I'm so excited that Christian will have a dog to grow up with.. I think pets are so important to kids and Khloe is already very protetective over him. She follows him around and lays right beside him wherever he is. It's so sweet! Christian just smiles and giggles all the time at her. :) So far the housebreaking is going really well. She sleeps in her crate at night and we have been taking her out to potty very frequently. She is a very smart girl!! We are hoping to have her trained really well in the next few months so that she will follow commands. Corey is in heaven with his new dog and I'm just loving our sweet family!

picking out our new puppy

Khloe getting brushed after her first bath
She loves Christian!!!

Khloe Genesis
He loves her!!
I think our famliy is complete... for now.. :) Until next time... Have a blessed day!!
Kristen 

2 comments:

  1. Your husband gets some pretty awesome presents from you!!! :-) Wish I could afford to do all that for Gabe!! Got to love ya some hard working husbands that deserve all the happiness they can handle!! :-)Congrats on your new baby!! I sure love my puppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ya!! We are really enjoying her! :)

    ReplyDelete