Sunday, June 12, 2011

School's Out for the Summer!

WHOO HOO!!! School is out for the summer which means, I'm off work for the summer!! This is the first time I have ever had a vacation period, much less a 7 week vacation! Needless to say, I'm super excited about it! The most exciting part is... I get to spend every day with my sweet angel baby!! It feels pretty weird sitting here on a Sunday night, not getting things ready for work tomorrow! Ahhh... what a great feeling! :) I've already started ordering things for my classroom next year that I'm really excited about... My favorite recent order was for blue light filters to put over the lights in my room. They are calming and therapeutic... and best of all, perfect for kids with ADHD and autism. I can't wait to try them out!
You can buy them at Target but they are a little cheaper to order on Amazon!



Just thought I'd share for you fellow teachers! :) Anyway... this weekend was pretty fun.. Corey was off work which always makes me very happy! Saturday, we went to Chad & Alana's wedding in Rogers and then went to Carrabas for dinner and Corner Stone afterwards for some ice cream. :) We had a perfect little date night! Today we tried a new church, Kibler Baptist. We have been struggling with finding a new church for a while because our current church does not have a lot for kids and that is VERY important to us since we have Christian now. I know that is a little way down the road, but we would both like to get settled in to a church that we are going to raise our family in. I can't say enough great things about this church. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming!! The preacher was awesome and exactly what I have been looking for. Corey and I both really liked it and plan on going back next Sunday. I have to thank my sweet friend, Miranda, for inviting us to visit. It was also the first time we had ever dropped Christian off with anyone besides our moms! I had a little bit of anxiety as I walked away from the nursery, but I knew he was in good hands... When we went to get him after church, he was snoozing away! haha That's always a good sign.. I guess he approves too! ;) 
Taking Khloe on her first walk.
Christian loves going on walks!
before heading to the wedding
Tonight was taco night at the Iovinelli's... it happens to be a favorite night around here! :) You should have seen all the food for just TWO people! Geez... I think I over cook.. I get that from my momma! She always made enough to feed the neighborhood.. and that she did! haha The neighbors always looked forward to it! To this day, she still takes her neighbors plates for dinner! She has such a big heart! Anyway, I made homemade guacamole for the first time and it was delicious! It's my hubby's favorite so I thought I would give it a try. It was easy to make.. I will post the recipe!
Yummy!!
Guacamole Recipe:

Ingredients: 
3 avocados (peeled, pitted, & mashed)
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion
3 cups chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic

Directions:
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Refrigerate for 1 hour. 


Hope you enjoy!! We sure did! :)


Until next time... Have a blessed night!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment