Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tornado Outbreak

I have become slightly obsessed with watching the weather... I flip back and forth from channel 5, to 7, to 11, to 33... I have it up on my computer, and my iPhone is texting me updates. Just whatever will give me the latest info, I'm there!! I'm not even terrified of storms but they are so interesting to me. I must say though, the latest storms have been pretty scary!! The winds in Alma last night were so bad that it felt at times we were in the middle of a tornado! HUGE trees were uplifted from the ground and power lines were down. We didn't even have school today due to the roads being closed off. Thank God for all of those people working hard to get everything back up and running. We lost power power for about 12 hours. I will say, I have never seen so many kids out in their yards playing.. maybe "temporarily shutting the power off" would be a good thing for families every now and then! Anyway, I hope everyone gets their yards back in shape and didn't have too much damage. I know some people aren't scared of storms but there is a difference in not being scared and being stupid. When they say take cover.... you should probably take cover! Ignorance annoys me.  

My little weather watcher

My heart goes out to those families in Alabama and Joplin. The death toll in Joplin is up to 122 with more than 750 injured. That breaks my heart to think of all the people that have lost loved ones and their homes due to these storms. There are several places and websites taking donations for these victims.. Please find one and donate. This could very easily happen to us, but I pray it does not. I hope everyone watches the weather and stays safe!

http://www.redcrossnwa.org/general.asp?SN=7955&OP=8391&IDCapitulo=6Q69P0X17U
You can click on the link above to make a donation.

Until next time.... Have a blessed night!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment