Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Perfect 1st Mother's Day

Celebrating Mother's Day this year was one of the best weekends of my life. Corey and I had a cookout Saturday night for our momma's. I plan on celebrating with our sweet mom's every year... not letting our own Mother's Day plans get in the way now that I'm a mom. I think that is extremely important. I just so happen to have the greatest mom in the world. She is my BEST friend and always has been. I talk to her atleast 1o times a day and we have never went one night without saying goodnight and I love you to each other as long as I've lived. That's pretty special if you ask me. My mom has put her whole life on hold for me and would go without just to make sure I have everything I need. She is the most selfless person I know. I could go on and on about how wonderful she is and everything she has done for me, but that would take forever. I have had such a great role model for being a mom and now that I have Christian, I hope that I can live up to these standards. I have also been blessed with a wonderful mother-in-law. I love that my husband and his mom have a great relationship. She obviously raised him right because he is one amazing husband and daddy. Christian is one lucky little dude to have these ladies in his life. They both love him more than words can describe!!!

           A pic from our Mother's Day celebration with our mom's.

Sunday was a beatiful day to celebrate my first Mother's Day! Corey surprised me by taking me in MY NEW OFFICE!! (which was formally used for storage..haha) I have been wanting to clear things out of that room and make it into an office since we bought the house. A little over a year later, it finally happened, and I was beyond excited!!! He bought me the most beautiful L-shaped desk, the matching hutch, and had my diploma framed for me. What an amazing man, right?! I guess I better start planning now for Father's Day!! haha We had breakfast together and later headed to Lake Fort Smith for a picnic. It was super hot so we didn't stay too long, but we got a cute family picture by the lake and I took Christian down a slide for the first time on the playground! We made some great first memories!

We went home and rested for a bit then my mom and Curt came over to cook steaks.. they were delicious!! They brought me a new, what I call "tanning pool" and a tanning chair for Mother's Day! The day just kept getting better and better! Corey was the only brave one to actually get all the way in the pool! haha Christian and I just put our feet in. He wasn't a huge fan of the cold water. I'm sure he will love it when it warms up a bit because this child LOVES bathtime!!!


So, that pretty much wraps up my Perfect 1st Mother's Day... I feel so blessed to be Christian's momma. He is my world... I love my family more than anything!

Until next time... Have a blessed day!!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment