Friday, May 13, 2011

Life in the Fast Lane

So... I changed the name of my blog to a more appropriate description of our life, "Ivo's Interstate." I LOVE IT! It would not be an exaggeration to say my husband and I moved VERY fast! We started dating, got engaged, got married, bought a house, and had a baby in a matter of 2 years! This is our story... Corey and I met our freshmen year of college through mutual friends. We have always been friendly to each other, but that was about it.. I was in a pretty serious relationship and he was always in and out of a relationship. It would be a lie to say that we didn't have a huge crush on each other though from the first time we met, but we knew we were both "off limits." I mean he was just SO handsome.. had the perfect body, a beautiful face, and adorable shaggy hair.. my 18 year old heart was throbbing!! How would I not be attracted to him?! Shortly after I became single, he started writing me on facebook here and there, just flirting. He invited me to go out with his friends some and then we started texting. This all started in March of 2009. We started hanging out pretty often after that but I remember always telling my friends.. "He is just not boyfriend material." I wasn't ready for a relationship and he was definitely living the bachelor-type lifestyle. We hung out pretty much all summer every single day, but it was pretty rocky. We were both so use to getting our way that we bumped heads a whole lot! He finally told me later that he knew I was a little princess and he knew guys that were super sweet and clingy never made it past the first date. He was obviously determined to break the chain so he kind of acted like a jerk sometimes!! I don't know which is worse.... that he acted like a jerk to win me over OR that I actually fell for it?! I guess it doesn't matter because it worked for us! I think it was towards the end of July when we both realized how we really felt about each other. We had been playing the "hard to get" role for quite some time with each other, but after a long conversation one night we both decided that our relationship was very serious to both of us. It was very soon after that he told me he loved me. It was like all of a sudden we just knew! We were inseperable!!
                                  
                         

                  Some pictures from when we first started dating...

Summer came to an end and it was finally time for me to intern. He would come over every night to see me... I lived atleast 30 minutes from him so that really meant a lot to me. We started talking a lot about our future together and hopefully getting married one day. I can't even explain how in love I became with him... definitely a feeling I've never came close to feeling in my life! He proprosed to me in October!! It was the perfect proposal that I always dreamed of. 

A few of our engagement pictures
                                                   
We decided we would get married in July of 2010. I needed atleast 9 months to plan my dream wedding or we probably would have got married even sooner! We started casually looking at houses in January. My dad suggested we go talk to the loan officer he used so we did. She was absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a house, so just let me know! I wanted a house that had not been lived in so she contacted a builder for us and made it happen. We closed on our house in just a few weeks when it was finished being built and moved in on February 1st, 2010! I didn't realize how easy and quick the process would be! We both thought that we would still be looking for a house after the wedding! We got married July 17, 2010 and I had the fairy tale wedding that I always dreamed of when I was a little girl!
Our first home!!

I love these crazy people!!

You may kiss the bride!!!

Our first dance as husband and wife..

That August I started my new job teaching 8th grade Science at Alma Middle School. I was so blessed to have found a job immediately after graduating in December. It just so happened that the person I interned with got pregnant and I took over the class as her long term sub the following semester. An opening for a science position came open shortly after and I got the job!!! I remember thinking, what in the world have I done to deserve all of this??? God has blessed my life in so many different ways.... So now I am married to my best friend and the man of my dreams, I have the job I've always wanted, a beautiful home, and BEST OF ALL.... we were blessed with a gorgeous little boy, Christian Michael, on February 4, 2011 at 6:12 pm.  God is so good and I thank Him every single day for all of our many blessings!
My sweet family

One of my favorite pictures ever..

 Now you can understand why "Ivo's Interstate" is the perfect name for my blog about our life! You may think we should have slowed down, but that's why there are two lanes!  I wouldn't change a thing in the world... Our life is perfectly imperfect. :)

Until next time... Have a wonderful evening!! 
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kristen for your sweet comment about me. It was a joy and a blessing to be your loan officer. Sincerely, Casey Collyar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm..yes, ma'am ya'll are just perfect!! Love you like crazy..and that little sweet baby boy of yours too!

    ReplyDelete