Friday, March 1, 2013

IT'S MARCH!!

Happy 1st day of March, ya'll!!  I am so incredibly happy because that means we are so close to spring weather!!  I am so over this cold, yucky, unpredictable weather.  Christian is wearing his green for the upcoming holiday, St. Patrick's Day!  Yes, I'm obsessed with every holiday... even the small ones. ;)  And I like to dress my kids accordingly.. ha  I have mixed feelings about this month having two holidays.... I really like to enjoy them one month at a time so you have a whole month to enjoy decorations and festivities.  It's going to be a month of lots of green and pastels at the Iovinelli's!  On a different note... Christian is playing with stickers in this picture, which is one of his very favorite things to do!  This was a dinosaur sticker book and he named each dinosaur... We had a dinosaur for momma, daddy, nana, papa, mimi, and grampa.  He is really starting to get into imaginary play.  He makes up his own little games and stuff... I love seeing what he's going to come up with next!  
*
I need to do Harrison's 3 month post...... a little late, more like almost two weeks... oops!  He is changing SO much so I might just combine his 3 and 4 month post.  That sounds like a better idea. =)  Here is a sweet picture for now though... ;)  We were trying on his Easter outfit to make sure it fits and has a little growing room.  He looked like a little man with the whole thing on and I wanted to eat him up!  
*
I am leaving for Tulsa after work today to head to the Extraordinary Women Conference with some great friends and sweet ladies from church.  We went last year and it was the most amazing time!!!  I am ready for a weekend of worship, tears, laughter, and opening my heart.  It was this time last year when I was at the conference that I felt the Lord really lay on my heart to have a baby.  We had no intentions what so ever to have another baby until Christian was about 3 years old... Sometime's God has other plans for your life.  I kept telling Corey that I really didn't want a baby but it just felt like that was what was suppose to be for our family.  He originally thought I was crazy.... until this went on for weeks.  We prayed and prayed.  We even told God that this was not our plan.  I'm sure He laughed.  When I got home from the conference I had a long talk with Corey about it and we decided to continue to pray and to just put it completely in God's hands..... It was the next week I got pregnant.  We found out just a few weeks later because I felt like I just knew immediately.  This was the post I wrote a little about it: Amazing Grace...  It seems like just yesterday and now Harrison is 3 months old and has brought such amazing joy to our life.  I can't imagine life without him right now.  I will say that we do not have the view of letting God decide the amount of children we have by just "seeing what happens" like some people do.  I do not think that is wrong by any means but it's just not our personal view.  I want to be able to give my kids what they need and some of their wants, too.  I like to do extra things for them and we want to be able to take them on vacations and do fun things.  Financially, we wouldn't be able to do that with a house full.  However, I do believe if God speaks to you, you listen.  I would like to say we are probably done having kids because this just seems to be perfect for our family but I know that it's not completely up to us.  If God ever lays that on our heart again, we will listen, we will pray, and we will leave it up to Him because He knows best.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6  One of my very favorites!!  
*
Well, this started out a very light post about spring and holidays and then went a different direction! =)  I know I will love looking back and reading these one day though.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment