Tuesday, February 26, 2013

God is your Father-in-Law

We like to think of God as our Father and that is very true.  He is our Father... He loves us... He cares for us... He listens to our prayers... and He always wants the very best for us.

But do you realize that God is ALSO our Father-in-Law??  He is also your husband's Father.  Which means that He really cares about your husband, and He really loves your husband, and He listens to your husband’s heart cry as well.  I know that one day I am going to stand before God and He is going to gently talk to me about Corey.  He will say, "What did you do to care for my son?"  "What did you do to love my son?"

I so desperately hope that God is pleased with the way I treated my husband, His son. 

God loves your husband, and He planned for your husband to have someone to help him, to encourage him, to inspire him, to love him. God wants someone to appreciate your husband, and to urge him on in faith and in love. And that someone, that He has especially prepared for the task, is you.
*
I read about this in a blog that I stumbled upon today and thought, WOW... how true is this?!  I knew I needed to write about this for myself and wanted to share it because I believe everyone can benefit from it. =)

"What if the greatest act of worship you could do today is to love your husband?" -Sally Clarkson


No comments:

Post a Comment