Monday, March 26, 2012

Amazing Grace...

Today was one of the best days of our life.... We found out we are pregnant with Baby Iovinelli #2!!  I'm still in shock but so excited!!  We have been praying about another baby for a few months now... Initially, we had planned to wait until Christian was 2 to start trying, but we all of a sudden felt like now was the perfect timing.  I believe perfect timing is God's timing so we continued to pray.  Just a few weeks ago I went to a women's conference with our church and broke down about it.  I knew that God was trying to tell me something... it's just a feeling and when you feel it, you know.. there are no questions.  When I got home from the conference Corey and I talked about just letting God take control and whatever happens, happens.  We did a lot of praying and a lot of crying... All we knew is that we wanted to do whatever God had planned for our lives.  I had just got out of the shower and went to my closet and fell to my knees crying and praying some more, just asking God to help me understand why I was feeling so strongly about having another baby.  I had such a sense of peace come over me after that talk with God and I knew everything was going to work out perfectly.  After that we completely left it up to God and three weeks later... PREGGO!! I have complete faith in God's will for our life and His amazing grace.  We could not be more thrilled!!  

I have felt sick since last weekend.  It all started when I couldn't eat my favorite home cooked meal from my mom last Sunday night.  It made me so sick to even smell it.... then I noticed that everything smelled a little stronger and I was getting nauseous quite frequently.  I had been feeling the very same way I did with Christian.  I had taken a few (5 or 6... LOL) pregnancy tests through out the week (every day... ha!) and they were all negative.  Rightly so since I was taking them 2 weeks too early! haha.. Patience is not one of my strong points!  Anyway, I still just knew in my heart that I was pregnant.  Last night I woke up at 4 in the morning with the worst heart burn I have ever experienced.  So, I decided to take a test this morning.  It came up 2 lines but the one line was so faint that it was really hard to see.  I called Dr. Torres' office and scheduled a blood test because I knew if I was not pregnant - then something else was wrong.. maybe a virus or something?  When I got home I took the other test and the line was a little darker this time... dark enough that I didn't feel like I was seeing things.  Dr. Torres called me shortly after to let me know that my hcg levels were at a 13 - which means it is extremely early on... probably only a couple weeks pregnant at this point and that I need to come back Wednesday to see if they are continuing to elevate.  I will be praying hard until then.... praying that everything comes back just fine and we can celebrate being pregnant again with another sweet baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment