Monday, October 22, 2012

Rough Day...

So today has been an incredibly rough day.  It all started on Sunday around 5:00 when my blood pressure went up really fast... I started feeling light headed, got a terrible headache, felt like my face was on fire, and got sick to my stomach within about 2 minutes.  Thankfully my mom was there to help me out.  I never really started feeling that great again but after a long, hot bath and laying on my side with my legs propped up, I got my blood pressure back down.  I woke up this morning not feeling myself at all.  As soon as I got up and started getting ready my blood pressure went back up.  It makes me feel so disoriented and I hate that feeling.  I felt like I couldn't get my breath and my heart was beating out of my chest - such a scary feeling.  I went ahead and went to work because I knew today was a day that I would at least be able to stay off my feet in class.  It felt like it was 100 degrees in my classroom and my fingers started swelling and tingling.  I have never swollen during pregnancy so this also made me nervous.  I went home on my break and my blood pressure was still pretty high.  I called my doctor - he said go home and put my feet up but I really needed to stay at work because we had an important meeting after school.  I had several people tell me I looked terrible and by the time I got home I was done.  I went straight to bed and I feel like I don't even have enough energy to walk.  Thankfully my dad left work early to come over and let my mom go home so he could help out with Christian until Corey got home.  I honestly do not know what in the world I would do without my parents.  God has blessed me beyond means with parents that will drop anything to be there for me.  I feel like my mom has pretty much put her whole life on hold for us lately to help out because I haven't been feeling good.  She keeps Christian all day while we work, helps out in the evenings when I need to rest, and cooks dinner for us a lot because she knows I don't feel good right now.  God bless her... and that He will I'm sure of!  
*
So anyway, I'm really scared that this little issue isn't going to go away but I am praying really hard that it does and would be very grateful for any prayers.  I don't want to be put on permanent bed rest for the next 4 weeks and really can't afford to start my maternity leave early - I would like to have all the time home with Harrison as possible.  I also don't want to run my myself and body into the ground though and I know I need to make the right decisions if this continues.  I need to do whatever I have to do to make sure Harrison stays put for at least 3 more weeks.  I'm also really upset that some of our family doesn't even know what's going on.... maybe I'm extra emotional right now because of the hormones but I'm such a huge family person and it just confuses me how some people view it.  I also don't know if I want a huge slew of people up at the hospital when I do go into labor... I have few people, family and very close friends, that have really been with me during this pregnancy and by that I mean checking on me frequently, calling to find out all the details after the doctors appointments, asking about H, and knowing when things like this are going on... so why in the world would all the others just show up for the big event?  Am I being irrational?  I've really thought hard about not making phone calls until after he is born.  Sorry that I'm venting and pouring out my feelings - this is usually such a light hearted and positive blog - it has just been one of those days and these are things that I have thought hard about.  I will continue to pray about these things!  
*
As of right now, I've been laying down for about 4 hours and my blood pressure seems to be pretty normal... I'm going to try to go to work tomorrow but if it starts to go up fast, I will probably end up right back at home.  Please pray that everything works out just according to God's plan!  Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment