Thursday, August 2, 2012

23 Weeks & Growing...

I have to say it just keeps getting better and better... This is the best I've felt all pregnancy!  I have a ton of energy and the nesting has set in early this time.  I have to have my house spotless and I'm also redoing the kitchen and living room, while getting Harrison's room ready and my classroom ready!!  I think I'm wearing my husband out with all the projects!  I scheduled my 4D ultrasound yesterday and we are very excited about that... I'm going to have it in about 4 weeks so that I can do it about the same time as we had Christian's.  My belly is really growing - Straight out just like last time!!  I haven't really gained anywhere else that I can tell other than the extra water weight/bloated look.  I stepped on the scales for the first time at home last night and I've gained 14 lbs total.  I'm happy with that.  I'd like to stay in the 20's but that probably won't happen.  I'd be happy in the 30's since I gained 40 with Christian!!  We finally got Harrison's room cleared out of all of our stuff.  We had so much stored in there, it was unbelievable!!  We have only been in the house a little under 3 years... What on earth is 30 years of marriage going to look like??  We aren't even hoarders in the least bit but it was a little overwhelming going through all the "stuff" we had already accumulated!  Mrs. Trish is doing a FANTASTIC job on the bedding.  The skirt for the crib is done and we have it on there now, along with the mattress that is waiting on the sheet to come in.  I just ordered it because I was trying to match the navy with the navy and white chevron she is making for the changing pad cover.  I think the bumpers might be done this weekend so the crib is soon to be finished!!  I am so excited!!  We plan on getting his room painted this weekend, fingers crossed.  I think that's about all.... I have a doctor's appointment in a little over a week.  I think it's about time for the dreaded glucose test but he didn't mention it last time so maybe I bought some extra time... ;)  Really hoping I don't have to go through the 4 hour one this time... It was dreadful and not something I want to do again.... maybe I won't eat Geno's 4 hours before my test this time! ;) hehe! 
*
Harrison weighs a little over 1 lb and is about 12 inches long.
*
 This week's major developments:  His sense of movement is now developed so he can feel me dance... This is funny!  You may also be able to see him squirm in your belly - YEP!!  He is a busy little dude and we can literally sit and watch him move around in there now.. So crazy!! Loud noises are becoming familiar now such as the dark barking or the vacuum making noise. 
*
 Sneak peak of the bedding

Fabric for the changing pad cover

 I got sick of the chalk board ordeal so this is as good as it gets, folks! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment