Monday, April 30, 2012

Christian's Talking Away...

This weekend was relaxing and wonderful.  Corey went to take his physical agility test Saturday morning for the Van Buren Fire Department - he passed!  So proud of him!!  While he was doing that, Christian and I just relaxed around the house.  He had to go mow for a few hours after he was done there so my dad came and picked up Christian so I could go run some errands.  I went to get a baby shower gift and did a little shopping for C!  I am obsessed with Carters and now have to go in there like every 6 weeks because he has everything in there that I think is cute! lol  So I've timed it about every six weeks where I can go in and get a few of the new outfits! ;)  If we have a boy, we are set!!!  If we have a girl, we are in a lot of trouble... and daddy is FULLY aware!! haha!  Saturday night we all went to the baby shower at church.  It's always a good time with our church friends!  I can not believe how many of us are pregnant!!!  I think it's around 5 or 6 JUST in our Sunday School class.... how much fun are all of our babies going to have together?! :)  When we got home and got C to bed, we watched Contraband.  It was a great movie!!  We ended up having a sleep over in the living room all night - we like to do that! ha!
*
Sunday we went to Sunday School and then had nursery during church.  It was fun watching all of those sweet toddlers!  I asked Corey what he would do if we had that many (6)... His response, "it would be fine if they were boys."  Now let me note that the best behaved one at his time of response was the only little girl in there!!!  He's ridiculous and way too partial!!  I have a pretty strong feeling that if we found out we were having a girl though, it would completely melt his heart!!!  We had a meeting about VBS after church and stayed around a while and visited.  We ended up getting home around 1:45 and Christian was pooped!!  He took a 3 hour nap so me and the hubby watched a movie and napped, too!  I thought I would try out a new pinterest recipe last night - The Best Pork Chops Ever - fried okra, squash, and baked potatoes.  It was pretty good but my taste buds have been so off lately.  As soon as I bit into my pork chop, I cried, because it tasted weird to me!!  Crazy hormones?? YES!!!  Christian ate almost every bite.. he loves food!  You would think he would be huge - but nope, petite as ever!  Corey swears he has defined pecks and calves..... Seriously??? He's 1!! haha!!  However, if you know my husband, this does not surprise you!!  
*
So, Christian has been saying words out of the blue here and there, but this weekend was like a light bulb went off!!  He said: coo-tip as he put the Q-tip in his ear, love you, thank you, ello and red as he was putting his blocks away, bath, go, he's trying to say his name, Vickie (his aunt), blocks, and of course his favorites momma, daddy, doggie, drink, ball, bye bye, hi, and nana.  He's talking away, constantly... those are the words I've been able to make out so far... but if you TRY to get him to say anything, good luck!  He's a little stubborn dude!  He can pretty much respond to anything I tell him to do now... go get his ball, blocks, dinosaur, paci, diaper, drink, blankie, pretty much whatever... I love being able to communicate with him.. He is so much fun!!  If I say where is the doggie, he will run to the window and point, he says light and points up, and he is constantly dancing!  Anytime he hears music, he starts bouncing up and down and he stomps his feet - It is the cutest thing ever!!!
 *
That pretty much wraps up our weekend!!  Hope your had a wonderful one!  We have our FIRST doctors appointment TOMORROW and we are ecstatic!!! :)  I will be posting about that soon! 
 He approved of mommy's dinner! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment