Friday, April 6, 2012

6 Weeks & Growing...

Today is 6 weeks!!  For some reason, I feel like this is the first big accomplishment... maybe because it's halfway to 12?  I really don't know.. but I feel good about it! ha!!  Still no morning sickness or major symptoms... I have had allergy issues the past couple of days which is causing my head to feel like it's exploding! :(  Last night we were laying down watching TV and all of a sudden I started seeing black dots, like my vision was going blurry... This exact same thing happened when I was pregnant with Christian.  I don't know if it's my blood pressure fluctuating or what, but it's a little scary... definitely on my list to ask the doctor at my first appointment.  I'm starting to get really tired in the evenings now... I'm usually in bed and sound asleep around 8 or 9 these days! :)  Thank you, Lord for a healthy pregnancy so far!
*
The baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil. 
*
This weeks major developments:  The nose, mouth, and ears are beginning to take shape.  The baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form.  The heart is beating about 100-160 beats per minute.  The baby's intestines are developing as well as the brain, muscles, and bones. (This is a major week for baby!!)
*
Still not showing... but I can't wait! (I'm not one of those people that dread showing... I love love love it!! and realize that with a 2 inch long torso, I will be as big as a watermelon - and I'm perfectly happy about that! ;))


No comments:

Post a Comment