Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas 2012

We had five Christmas get togethers total so this might be a long one... Christmas this year was so much fun, the best one ever!!  I absolutely loved having both boys this Christmas... kids are just so much fun!!  It kind of brings the kid out in us all over again getting to do all the fun traditions with them.  Not to mention, Christian is at such a fun age... I'm sure it will keep getting better and better!  
*
Our Christmas celebrations started the Friday before Christmas at our house.  My mother in law, Jon, Chris, Jessica, and Kenlee (my precious niece) came over.  We had so much fun eating, letting the babies play, and opening presents.  There were so many presents everywhere it was covering part of our living room!  Christian's favorite present of the night was a drum... that wasn't his... it was Kenlee's.. lol  So needless to say, they had to leave the drum until we could replace it with his own. ha!  He also got some new cars, which is one of his favorite things right now.. such a boy!  He got a remote control car to which I will confess has been much more fun for mommy and daddy than him.  My mother in law got me a DVD player for my car with dual screens that I'm very excited about... the boys will love those and will make traveling wonderful.  I also got a new beautiful cross from my sister in law to add to our cross wall.. my favorite thing in the house.  Completely changing the subject, but I made candy cane punch that night... really good but tastes just like a candy cane... only so much liquid candy cane you can drink, like a few drinks and that's enough. lol  Probably will never make it again but it was definitely pretty on the table. ;)  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The next celebration was with my daddy... He came over and we had Christmas with him.  He got Christian his first tricycle and on top of that, it was a Harley!  Super cute and C loved it so much!!  He has been pushing it around and trying to ride it constantly.  It makes cute motorcycle noises that he loves.  It even has a CB on it and he acts like it's a phone... He keeps picking it up and saying "Hello?" haha!  We had a great time eating, opening presents, and visiting!  







On Christmas Eve we went to my brother in law & sister in law's house to eat dinner and open gifts with my father in law.  It's always great spending time with him since we don't get to see him often enough living 4 hours away.  He did recently move to Dallas though which is much closer than San Antonio so we will be making some weekend trips there as soon as H gets a little older.  My brother in law smoked a turkey and it was wonderful!!  It was the first time I ever had smoked turkey and it is by far my favorite now.  Christian was excited to get to see Kenlee again... twice in one week!  We really need to do a better job of getting together more often because we always have such a great time with them and our kids are all so close together in age it will be neat for them to grow up together.  I wish I could talk them into moving to Alma but I don't think that is going to happen. ;)  After we left there we went to our church for the candle light service.  This is our second year to go and by far one of our favorite things we do for Christmas.  It is so peaceful and beautiful in the church.  It's a wonderful time to spend with God and my family.... and this year was the best because all of us were there.  Taking communion each holding a child was a little bit of a challenge but we made it work and it was a very special moment with my sweet family.







When we got home from the candle light service we had a blast playing Santa after we put the babies to bed.  We set out a few of the toys unwrapped and got everything ready for the morning.  We put a "special key" out for Santa since we don't have a chimney with a sweet poem about Jesus.  Santa also made a special delivery Christmas Eve night for the boys... it was a book, "God's Christmas Gift."  We read it to them before bed.  After they went to sleep me and Corey opened our gifts from each other. :) I have to say how sweet and thoughtful he was... he knows I love jewelry from Charming Charlie and he's also heard me say I don't have much gold jewelry so he went there and picked out a bracelet, watch, and necklace that matched perfectly.  He also knew that there was a Jessica Simpson purse I loved at Dillard's and was really sad that they sold out of it so soon and he ordered it... he got me a few other things too and I just thought... how special is he that he never just buys some random gift that he thinks I might like.  He really listens to me and takes time to think about special gifts.   The thought he puts into it means more than any material thing he could ever buy me.  I hope when I read this 30 years from now I can still say the same thing.... that we still make each other feel so special and not just on holidays, but every day.


  





And finally.... Christmas morning was AMAZING!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE holidays with kiddos... there is nothing else that compares.  Christian ran straight to his basketball goal and started playing and then after a few minutes of that he started looking at everything else.  He had fun unwrapping presents and playing with all of his new toys.  Let's be honest though, bird barely woke up enough to take a few pictures. haha!  I failed to put his big Santa present out which was a huge bear that I almost had a panic attack over because I thought it was sold out because I just HAD to have it under the tree for him and what do ya know, I forgot about it and left it in his room! hahaha.. Oh well! :)  After we opened presents we went to my mom's and opened presents with her and Curt and ate a delicious meal she made.  I only got one picture over there because my camera battery died.. boo.  We had a wonderful time though... always love spending time with my sweet momma.  It snowed like crazy and it was pretty much the perfect day!  


















Khloe got a few presents, too, of course! ;)  So that was our very busy Christmas 2012... and I'm finally getting this post done weeks later.  Life is very busy these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment