Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year - hello 2013

We really wanted to spend New Year's Eve with our babies so that we did.. We went to dinner at Red Barn with some of our family. Christian acted so good and everyone kept commenting on how he doesn't even act like a toddler but more like a little boy. I seriously can't get over how good he is all the time. I'm honestly not trying to make him out to be perfect but he really is!! His sweet personality is precious. Harrison wasn't AS good... lol He didn't cry but he wanted to be held a lot of the time.. He also decided he needed to eat in the middle of dinner even though I fed him right before we left. That was just fine though. :) After we left there we went home for the night and hung out. Christian played and played and we had a lot of fun with him. He usually wants to go to bed early but he stayed up til about 9 or 9:30. We watched Dick Clark's New Year's Eve special like we do every year and barely made it to midnight!
*
I have a few resolutions this year... I'm going to try really hard on each of them. I wasn't going to share them on here but I think I'll like going back and reading them someday. So here they are.....

1. I want to work harder on living my life completely for God. Make better decisions, read my bible more, get more involved in our church, and inspire other people to live Godly lives by my actions. It's easier to talk the part than walk the part. I also want to stop being judgmental of others that I feel do that bc that makes me just as bad.

2. I want to unconditionally love my husband passionately no matter what happens (I already do this but it will always be on my list!) I need to stop complaining over silly things and I want to work harder making him feel as special as I think he is!! :)

3.  I want to continue working on spending a lot of time with my boys together and also one on one.  I would like to set aside a night just for Christian every now and then where we just take him somewhere fun and let one of the g-parents keep Harrison.  I want to work with Christian more on teaching him things.. It's so much fun for me to see how much he is learning now, I love it! 

4.  I want to lose weight and get healthy.  I didn't lose all the weight after I had Christian and then got pregnant again so I have some work to do.  I would like to lose about 15 lbs and tone up a lot, but more than anything I just want to live a healthy lifestyle.  I'm guilty of cooking very southern and I would like to start making healthy meals which will also be so beneficial to my family.  We only let Christian drink water and milk and a little juice so I don't know why we put so many bad things in our body.  We need to try harder to live by the same standards.  I'm starting G-fit tonight so I'm really excited to see my results.

Overall I want to be a better christian, wife, mom, daughter, teacher, and friend.
*
So, there ya have it! =)  Hopefully this will hold me more accountable and this time next year I will be proud to say I did it!  
 Before NYE dinner
 
I had the most handsome dinner dates ;)

Giving Nana kisses!

 Christian thought this was hiarious... lol

 H having some fun, too.. Waiting to bring in the New Year!

The traditional New Year dinner
C was a huge fan of the black eyed peas - that is one strange toddler.. ha!
Snuggled up with momma - His favorite thing to do!!



No comments:

Post a Comment