Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wonderful Tuesday

Yesterday just so happened to be one of the most wonderful days ever... I just signed up for G-fit this month and I've been really excited about getting started.  Monday we had weigh-ins, measurements, before pics, and a talk on what to expect and how to eat.  I went home so excited to start this new journey of healthy eating and getting in shape.  Last night was my first work out and holy smokes - it kicked my booty!!!  There were times I wasn't sure if I could keep going but looking around at all the other women helped motivate me.  I might still be a tad bit hormonal but I got teary eyed several times watching how encouraging these women were!!  It truly is amazing... I've heard that G-fit is like a cult... Well I will proudly be a part of any cult that is made up of amazing women like this!!  There is absolutely NO negativity and everyone helps you out.  In fact, no one finishes last and no one finishes alone... everyone keeps going until everyone finishes.  I just couldn't get over how motivating it really was!  I woke up today and it hurt to get out of bed, to step in the shower, and it really hurt blow drying my hair!  Confession: I had to take a break because my arms were about to fail me. ha!  It felt good to be so sore.  Can't wait for round two tonight... abs... Lord knows I need that!!
*
I also begin eating "clean" yesterday.... I will say it's only been 2 days and it is verrrrry hard for me.  I'm praying it gets easier and that it becomes my new habit.  I am so used to eating whatever and drinking cokes.  No more cokes and a TON of water = horrible headaches for a caffeine addict!  I'm just pushing through and I really think it will make me feel so much better once I conquer this first rough week.  I am also making myself eat every 3 hours and that has been hard to get used to.  Thankfully my husband is doing the diet with me and Christian loves healthy food so I don't have to cook good fattening food for them and smell it. I know if I can get through this 30 days I will be SO proud of myself!
*
Corey had his interview last night at the fire department.  Getting on the fire department is a lengthy process... It's not something you just apply for, get an interview, and done deal... There are different steps you have to take before you ever get to the interview and you just have to be patient and wait.  We have done a LOT of praying about it.  This is really what he is passionate about and what he wants his career to be.  I know he was so nervous going into that interview.  I got home from working out about the same time he got home from his interview and we were talking about how it went and how we would pray for patience since it could take a while to find out... As we were talking, he got a phone call.  I saw his face light up and I just knew... They called to tell him he got the job!!!  I can't tell you the emotions I felt... we grabbed each other and I was squealing - haha!  I am so proud of him and excited for this new journey and our future! :)  We both say how undeserving we are of this life and all of our blessings... To God be the glory.  May I also say that I'm pretty excited to be a fireman's  wife.. ;)  
*
Last but not least by any means.... Our sweet little Harrison is starting to sleep through the night!!!  I was questioning whether or not he would be a good sleeper but he's turning out to sleep a whole lot like his brother - we can only hope.. :) 


2 comments:

  1. I tear up at G-fit too when we are all finishing together. Congratulations on your husbands new career!!!

    ReplyDelete