Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sweat Test

So here we are... Waiting at Arkansas Children's Hospital as I write this.. I have wanted this day to hurry and get here and dreaded it more than anything all at the same time. We want closure - whatever the outcome may be. I have been on my knees since the day I got the phone call and at this point I have complete faith that God knows what the outcome is and what it means for our family. How do people go through struggles and pain without Him?? If it wasn't for our faith I don't know how we would have got through this.

Harrison just had the sweat test done a few minutes ago and now we are waiting on the results. The test was not bad at all and he did great. The sensors they put on his arms caused that area to sweat and then after the sweat was collected for 30 minutes it was sent off to the lab. His little arms were wrapped up in gauze and he had a hospital gown on... Talk about completely breaking a momma's heart! :( The lady that did the test went over the statistics with us... Again. I have heard the statistics about 10 times from different doctors and nurses this week and it doesn't matter that his chances of having it are only 1%.. That is the only number that I have thought about since finding out. It's not like he's being tested for allergies... Cystic Fibrosis is a "life shortening" disease and NOTHING in this world is worse than your child having any chance at all of having it, 1% or not.

I'm hoping the doctor comes in soon to give us results. I will say again, there is no way I could sit here and go through this without God by my side... I also feel so blessed to have the most amazingly supportive husband beside me. I think this has brought us even closer together. I have been a total wreck the past few days and it seems like the past few hours I have had a great sense of peace. I know everything is going to be okay... And I thank God for that.

One of the worst parts was seeing him in this little hospital gown with his arms wrapped up in gauze.  Beyond heartbreaking.

1 comment:

  1. reading this girl I am in tears. I haven't read the outcome yet. I was reading blog one and on in order. You are such an amazing woman of God!

    ReplyDelete