Thursday, December 6, 2012

Don't be afraid....... Isaiah 41:10

There is really three parts to this.... Before you read this post read the other ones first or it will not make sense.  Here are the links in the correct order: 

1st one - http://iovinellis.blogspot.com/2012/12/newborn-screen-nightmare.html
2nd -  http://iovinellis.blogspot.com/2012/12/sweat-test.html


After waiting a very long time they finally put us in a room to see the doctor and go over the results.  This is the part that I have been running through my head over and over for the past two nights.... all night.  I tried to prepare myself for the worst.  When the doctor came in I almost lost it... I was shaking and crying.  He probably thought I was crazy.  He shook our hands and was introducing himself and all I wanted to do was scream, "GIVE ME THE RESULTS!!"  He sat down and said just like he thought, it was negative and we have a healthy baby boy... no worries.  I threw my hands up and said PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!  I have never in my life been so relieved, happy, emotional, and GRATEFUL.  Corey and I just looked at each other with the biggest smiles on our faces ever.  He let us know that it was very common for the newborn screens to get a false positive and they see this all the time and in most all cases it ends up being negative.  I can't even explain the feeling I felt in my heart and all over when I found out the great news.  I will say.... my heart has always broken for families that have to go through having a very sick child or a loss of a child, but much much more now.  Also, children's hospital has the friendliest staff but that is an extremely sad place and I would be just fine with never having to go back, Lord willing.  Last, I have never felt so close to God.  It makes me want to witness for Him so much knowing that there is no way I would have held it together without Him right there with me.  It saddens me more than anything to know that there are many people out there that do not experience that because he is not in their heart.  I think witnessing is one of the things I struggle with the most as a christian and I hope this situation makes that easier for me.  The devil was working on me hard this week and I feel so good that he was defeated.  No matter how sad or upset I got, I honestly can say I was never mad.  I was never asking God "why" because I knew that He knew the reason and that was good enough.  The verse that really got me through the day was the one I posted to my facebook wall this morning: 
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you! Don’t be frightened, for I am your God! I strengthen you, I help you, I uphold you with my saving right hand! -Isaiah 41:10
We are so blessed to serve an all mighty God!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment