Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween 2012

I love Halloween!  I like to dress cute and dress up Christian!  One of the greatest things about having kiddos is holidays and Halloween is a fun one!  Last year was his first Halloween and he was a pumpkin and a tiger (the tiger was the official costume though).  They were just both too cute to only pick one.  Well, I kind of did the same thing this year.  I bought him the cutest skeleton jammies ever to match the shirt that I made for myself that has a little skeleton baby on it... we couldn't leave little Harrison out!  Even though they are pj's, it is such a cute little outfit.  His official costume this year is Cookie Monster and he has the noise down perfect!  He says "yumm yumm yumm yumm" just like Cookie Monster and it is the CUTEST thing ever!!   However, he refuses to keep the hat on, which is what really shows what the costume is... hahaha!  So rather than looking like Cookie Monster, he kind of just looks like a blue fluffy person! LOL!  I'm trying to decide whether to take him around in his blue fluffy suit - no hat - or let him wear the skeleton outfit!  We will see how it goes!  
*
Today was a lot of fun at school.  The kids read science magazines that were Halloween themed and I played fun Halloween music in class.  I wore my skeleton shirt to school and the kids absolutely loved it... they thought it was awesome!  My mom brought Christian by to see me and that made my day!!  He ran into my class and froze!!  He was terrified at first by all the kids.  We went and visited Mrs. Megan and Mrs. Amanda and then headed back to my room.  Once we got back he had warmed up a bit to it and held my hand so he could meet some of my students - they thought he was just precious!  I wish he could be up here all the time with me... that would make for some wonderful days spent at work! ;) 
*
He wasn't happy that he had to leave mommy at work!
*
When I got off work I ran to Wal-Mart to buy our Halloween snack table goodies... last year I was much more festive and made Halloween themed food... this year the fam had to settle for little sandwiches, deviled eggs, and chips and salsa! lol  My mom and I got Christian into his Cookie Monster outfit with a lot of bribing and even got him to wear the head piece long enough to get a few pictures!  She was singing some ridiculous song and bribing him with a sucker... what Nana's will do for the grandchildren (and let's be honest, for me, because she knew I was going to be super upset if I didn't get a single picture in his real Halloween costume!) haha!  I finally let him out of it and put his skeleton back on and he was a happy camper... we practiced going to the door and saying trick or treat and he was a pro!  He LOVED carrying around his Halloween bucket!  We went over to Mrs. Trish's house and helped pass out candy while Christian and Townsend played.  It was such a fun night!!!  Here are a ton of pictures....
*





















 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment