Tuesday, November 27, 2012

2 weeks old

My sweet baby boy is already two weeks old today!  Time just continues to fly on by... makes me sad to know he won't be a tiny little baby in no time.  He is already starting to change so much.  He is such a sweet baby and has been so good.  He very much likes to be held, by me in particular.. he is for sure a momma's boy already.  I may have a wee bit to do with that... ;)  He celebrated a few "firsts" this past week.... he went to his first family Thanksgiving at his Aunt Vickie's, we had Thanksgiving at our house, our traditional Christmas jammies night while watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and putting the tree up, and Sunday was his first time to church!  I am LOVING this whole family of four thing... It really has made our family so much stronger and even though I didn't realize it could get any better, it has.  I can not imagine what life was like without him.  I will probably say that a thousand times because I constantly think it.  
*
I'm not sure how much he weighs right now but I know he is definitely putting on some weight.  He has his check up at the doctor next week so I will know then.  He has already out grown one of his newborn onesies.. it was one of the really tiny ones but his little feet were pushing through the bottom of it.  It was the one that fit him perfect so I was a little sad about that and of course I kept it to put in his box.. hehe!  He's also already in size 1 diapers.  He was peeing out of all the newborn ones and I tried a couple different brands and it was still happening so I switched him to size 1 and hasn't happened since.  They look crazy big on his little body but at least they keep him dry!  He's wearing pampers sensitive swaddlers - I love them!  He's still sleeping a lot.. all through out the day and pretty stinkin good at night for 2 weeks old.  He is very routine... go figure, just like his brother!  He wakes up around 10 or 11 at night to eat, again around 3 or 4, and then 8 or 9 in the morning.  He's usually really awake and alert around noon each day and stays awake for a couple of hours.  Other than that it's off and on sleeping and peeking around.  He eats a lot during the day but he is only eating about 2 ounces at a time.  Breast feeding is going great and that makes me so happy!! 
*
His looks are starting to change, too... I can proudly say that child looks a whole lot like me!!  He looks a lot like all my baby pictures.  His hair that is starting to grow in is super blonde and his eyelashes and eyebrows are such a light blonde that you can't see them unless he's in the sun.  I'm not sure if that means he will be a little cotton head like me but I would like that. =)  I'm also hoping he keeps his beautiful blue eyes he has right now but I'm not counting on that to happen. 
*
Christian is still in love with him and has perfectly adapted to him being a part of our family.  The first thing he says when he wakes up each morning is bubby and then he goes and finds him and gives him a kiss.  He is just so gentle and sweet with him.  I could not have been more blessed with a perfect toddler... His heart is huge and I love that little boy more than life itself.  He's been a great little helper and big brother!
 So blessed.



  
pretty smiles

 sleepy head
before church

No comments:

Post a Comment