Tuesday, November 20, 2012

1 week old

Hard to believe that my sweet baby boy is already a week old today when he's not even suppose to be here yet.  I must admit that I am ecstatic he made his arrival in time for Thanksgiving because there is nothing better than babies and kids at holidays!!  Our first few nights home have been pretty great.  Spending three nights in the hospital was terrible though - I feel so incredibly sorry for people that have to stay much longer than that.  We were so ready to get out of there and start our new life of a family of four.  We finally got to come home last Thursday.  So far things have been so wonderful... I hate to jinx us by writing this!!  He is such a good baby!!!   Christian is IN LOVE with him and helps me out so much!  He constantly wants to cuddle up beside him and loves on him.  It is the greatest feeling watching my two boys togetherBreastfeeding is going great with the help of great advice from friends, a supportive husband, and a very laid back toddler!  I've also started to pump so Corey or whoever else can feed him if I really need them to but I'm trying to exclusively breastfeed for the most part right now.  I have already started putting milk back for when I go back to work also.  He's eating a ton during the day but is sleeping really good at night already.  He only wakes up to eat and then goes right back to sleep.  He eats around 11:00 at night, wakes up around 2:30 to eat again, and then sleeps the rest of the night.  Pretty amazing if you ask me - I'll take it! =)  He has been awake quite a bit the last couple of days during the day and he's really starting to look around a lot.  It's so cute because he makes himself cross eyed trying to take it all in!  
*
A lot of people have said he looks a lot like me.  I kind of see it, especially in his eyes.  I think it's too hard to tell when they are so little.  Christian looked identical to Corey for the longest time and now you can tell he's a pretty good mix of the both of us - even though they look a LOT alike because C has Corey's face and head shape.  I can see the Bridges side of the family (my moms side) in Harrison a lot across his eye brow bone and eyes though... I also think he got some of our Indian blood... he has beautiful skin!!  He also has the softest hair ever and a full head of it... it's just beautiful but I'm sure it's all going to fall out and come back lighter.  You can already see blonde coming in around the front edges.  His eyes are the same color as mine right now but they might change too... Christian's changed to brown after he was a few months old.  All I know is that he's so stinkin cute I could just eat his little face up... I spend a large part of my day kissing all over it!! 
*
He had his first doctors appointment yesterday.  Everything was perfect.  He weighed 7 lbs 13 oz when he was born, 7 lb 4 oz when we left the hospital, and he gained an oz in five days so he was up to 7 lb 5 oz.  The doctor said that was great for a breastfed baby and since my milk had just been in a couple days.  He has another appointment in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping he gains more weight.  He is such a great little eater so I'm sure he will.  He was so good at the doctor.  He cried for about 15 seconds total just because he didn't like getting his clothes taken off.  
*
I never understood how in the world I would love another baby as much as Christian but it's true that it's love at first sight just like the first.  I can't imagine our life without him now... He has brought so much joy to our family already. 
*
 
 Leaving the doctor!
 Look at that hair! He was cuddling his Nana.
 Christian loves him so much - he calls him "bubby"
So what I let him sleep by me all night? ;) Such a sweet cuddle bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment