Thursday, November 1, 2012

36 Weeks & Growing...

We did maternity pictures over the weekend but this is the only one I've got to see... Devin did them, of course, and he always does an amazing job... even when his subject is 36 weeks big & pregnant! haha!
*
I can proudly say that Harrison's room is almost finished.... finally!!  All of his laundry is done and neatly folded or hung up in his closet. :)  I have looked in his closet approximately 99 times in the past couple of days like a completely psycho! ;)  That number does not include the amount of times that I've just opened his door to look in his room or look in his little bed trying to imagine him in there!  It seems soooo crazy that in just a few weeks his sweet little face will be here!  Three exciting finds this week.... I didn't realize how many clothes he has already!!! Wow!  I also didn't realize the ridiculously abundant amount of diapers we have saved back....... which makes me ecstatic!!  AND my mother in law called to tell us she is ordering our double stroller - beyond excited about this!!!  I'm starting to feel like we are much more ready to bring our little angel home.  There are still a few things that we need to buy but hopefully I can get that done this weekend.  
*
Blood pressure update:  It's still going up when I'm on my feet a lot.  I can pretty much count on it going up if I'm up moving around for a while.  Some days are much better than others though and I haven't had any problems lately.  I have done a really good job of taking it easy and have Corey to thank for picking up the slack.  He has been playing mommy and daddy pretty darn good in the evenings! ;)  I stay up so that I can spend a lot of time with Christian but Corey does the baths, getting ready for bed, and all that... I can tell Christian is loving it, too!  Corey was watching football last night on the couch and Christian plopped down right beside him on the couch and said "football"... I think it made Corey's night for sure!!!
*
Harrison weighs almost 6 lbs now and is almost 19 inches long!  He has pretty much wrapped up the developing process and is just hanging out in there packing on the pounds now! 
*
Doctor Appointment Update:  I have gained 29 lbs and my blood pressure was perfect - YAY!!!   He checked to see if Harrison was still breech since he has been the entire pregnancy and it made me really nervous when he said he couldn't find his head when he was feeling around on my lower stomach.  He brought in the ultrasound machine and I was really upset... I just knew that he was about to tell me that he was breech and we might have to look at doing a scheduled c-section... However, MUCH to my surprise... he couldn't find his head because he has already dropped into the birth canal ready to go.  He hadn't planned on checking me but after realizing that he did and I am dilated between 2-3 and 60% effaced... HOLY cow!  I was kind of in shock.  I wasn't expecting that at all... I figured if he did happen to check me I just might be a 1 but that's it.  Anyhow, I realize you can be dilated and effaced for weeks so I'm not counting on having a baby right now or anything but we are packing our bags and getting everything ready to go just in case!  Next appointment is next Tuesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment