Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Getaway

We just got home from Branson last night and we had such a great little getaway!!  Our anniversary was last Tuesday so we wanted to go out of town to celebrate and have some quality time together... It was our first time away from Christian!  Leaving him was soooo stinkin hard but I knew he was in great hands with my mom!  She kept me sane with pictures and videos. :)  We left Friday morning and checked in our hotel that afternoon - We stayed at the Grand Plaza Hotel and it was super nice!!  We were a little bummed out that we waited too long to reserve a resort but our room at the hotel ended up being perfect.  We had a great view, the most comfy bed and pillows, a jacuzzi, and free delicious breakfast each morning.  I packed my cutest outfits and best hair product and what do ya know.... wore everything I packed that was comfy, little to no make up, and hair was up the entire time! ha!!  I am lucky that my husband prefers it that way and I don't have anyone else to impress! :)  
*
After we checked in Friday we took a nap.... Laugh if you want to but this was #1 on the agenda since we were toddler-less. lol  Then we got ready and went to dinner at Montana Mike's, a steakhouse on the strip.  It was pretty good but nothing special.  Then we did a little shopping at the outlets before our show started.  We went to see Joseph and Sight and Sound Theatre... It was AMAZING!!!  I would highly recommend it to anyone!  The place itself was beautiful, inside and out.  The story was great and it was nice to be surrounded by great christian people... lots of amens and tears! ;)  
*
Saturday morning we went upstairs for breakfast and then headed out to shop again!  We had a couple hours of shopping before we headed to the IMAX to see Dark Knight Rises.  It was soooo good and even better seeing it at the IMAX!!!  We got there almost 2 hours early, ordered a pizza, and sat in line and ate while waiting.  We are nerds and it was super important that we were toward the front because we wanted back row seating - which is the best at the IMAX.  We got back row, middle... which is exactly what we wanted... and had a great time sitting there in line being nerds and chatting away.  I love that I married my very best friend... I could be stuck anywhere with him and it would make for a great day!  After the movie we went back to the hotel, got ready for dinner, and headed out.  We went to Cantina Laredo on the landing.  It is our favorite mexican restaurant ever... SO good!!  We had to wait a very long time but we made some Ukranian friends and had great conversation.  We did a little shopping afterwards and then went to play putt-putt.  We didn't get back to the hotel until around 11:00.. It was a long day/night for this pregnant lady! Whew!! 
*
Sunday morning after breakfast we went shopping... again!!  I have a wonderful husband that didn't complain about the excessive shopping one time.  Except that I spent $75 on three things for Christian at GAP... he thought that was pretty stupid and now that I think about it, it was... lol  He is 1 1/2.... and doesn't even know what he is wearing... but I bought the cutest jeans in the world there and it was worth it to me at the time! ;)  Christian and Harrison got quite a bit of stuff, Corey got 6 or 7 new polos, and I got a few outfits to start back work in, some make up, and a new diaper bag!!  I always go in COACH just to admire mostly, but that sweet husband of mine likes to surprise me with whatever I carry around the store for more than 10 minutes, looking in the mirrors! haha!  And this time it was an amazing blue, aqua, and purple huge bag that is absolutely perfect for a diaper bag.  I love it and I'm very excited about it.... It was quite a bit more than the last one so the deal was I would sell the old one and that would justify the price a bit. ;)  We headed to the landing after outlet shopping and Corey got this huge hat to mow in at Bass Pro... he looks adorable in it!  I got a couple shirts from Belk that I love a whole lot, but why in the world is that place so expensive?? Geez!!  Then, we went and ate lunch at Famous Dave's - such great bbq and sweet tea!!  That was our last stop and then we headed home!  We had a wonderful weekend together and I sure got my exercise - LOTS of walking!!!  Coming home to our sweet angel was the best thing ever and ending the night with the Bachelorette season finale - Emily has such class!  Now it's time to get ready for our yard sale this weekend, work on Harrison's room, and get my classroom ready to go!
*
 The lion and the lamb outside of Sight and Sound Theatre
 My knight in shiny armor :)
 waiting for the movie to start
How cute is he??
 
 My new diaper bag!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment