Thursday, October 20, 2011

How Marriage Oughta Be...

Iowa Couple Married for 72 Years Dies Holding Hands

This story was so inspirational and touching!! I cried while reading it and then had to go read it to Corey while crying again. It just does not get more special than that!! That is how everyone should value marriage.  One of my favorite verses in the bible is Genesis 2:24: "...a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh." There is really no gray area there if you ask me. I said my vows before God and I will honor them forever. Corey and I, unfortunately, both come from divorced families. However, we do not believe in it. I remember telling him a few days before our wedding... "You know how much I honor marriage and my beliefs on divorce. Are you sure you want to do this because you're stuck with me forever!!" haha! 


Obviously, marriage is not always a fairytale. I strongly believe you should have many days that are "fairytale" like though. ;) I'm a hopeless romantic. Corey and I are best friends.. I wouldn't want it any other way. People make fun of us for being together so much, but we like it that way! We have friends that we make time for, but there is no one else I would rather spend time with than him and when I am away from him, I miss em like crazy!! That is why this article got to me so much!! I only pray that we can have an everlasting love and marriage like they did. I strongly believe the key to that is not only putting God first in your lives, but He has to be first in your marriage! Going to church together is better than any date we have been on... I always feel closest to him when we're sitting there holding hands listening to the Word. I feel so blessed that God gave me a soul-mate that loves and believes in Him like I do. We became so much closer when we joined our church family. Then we started doing nightly devotionals together, which brought us even closer. Now that we read our bible together, study together, and pray together it's like a bond no man can break. It is absolutely amazing what God does for a marriage... and you really don't know until you experience it. People told us that all the time, but until we experienced ourselves we couldn't truly understand. It's like God gives your marriage a bullet-proof jacket. 


So, I hope everyone enjoys this article as much as we did!! Here is another great bible verse (especially for you women ;) ... 

He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD. -Proverbs 18:22

 
One of my very favorite pictures from our wedding day.. praying together..
I feel like this picture expresses how happy we were!!

I guess I'm done reminiscing for today.. ;) Hope everyone has a blessed day!!
Kristen

1 comment: