Monday, October 17, 2011

Living for God

I really should have named this post, "Living EVERY day for God."  Let's just be honest... It's hard to do sometimes. It is so easy to get sucked into every day life and the negativity of others. It's a daily battle sometimes and it takes a lot of prayer, but is it not worth it?! To stand up for what you believe in and try to live every second of your life for God. We all have choices to make every day, but who are we making those choices for? It should not be for ourselves. As Christians, we do not live for ourselves but for our Lord Jesus who saved us and gave us a new life and has given us His spirit to help us live for Him each day. Does God really care about how we look, how we dress, what we have, what we drive? No. He cares about how we are serving Him here on earth. I by no means believe that means we should just let ourselves go and not care how we present ourselves, but that should not be a main focus. Instead, we should be thinking of how we can better ourselves spiritually. I have made it a goal to not only ready my bible, but to understand what I just read. If I don't, I write it down, look it up, or ask someone else. In order to live a pure life, fight my natural urges, and to obey what God is calling me to do, I have to read His Word. Sometimes it takes going to Scripture again and again. I highlight and re-read passages that assure me of God's presence and support. God holds our life in His hands and He will never, ever let us fall.


This post may be a little all over the place, but it was mainly for me to write down my feelings. I have been struggling lately carrying the burdens of others. I want so badly to shake them sometimes until they see what is really important, but it is not my job to judge (or to shake them.. ha!). It is my job to continually be there and pray for them. I just feel like our generation is focused on all the wrong things sometimes.. When we look at someone's outward appearance, we often fail to see what God sees. "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." -1 Samuel 16:7

We don't get to pick and choose what days or in what situations we want to do the right thing and live for Him. I want to make every day count, to live every day for Jesus.  I want a life that is dedicated to serving Him completely. That is truly living.

I hope everyone has a blessed night and enjoys the rain/storms!
Goodnight, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment