Friday, September 2, 2011

TGIF...

I can't even begin to explain how happy I am that it's Friday.. and to make it even better, a 3 DAY WEEKEND!! :) This makes me one happy momma since I will get lots of extra baby time! My classes are so great and we have had a lot of fun in class doing a lot of cool activities and experiments. I have a mailbox at the front of my room for "comments and questions" and I have been getting the sweetest comments at the end of each day about how much they are loving this class. I work really hard trying to make things interesting for them... last night I searched online for hours to try to make converting temperatures from Celsius to Fahrenheit exciting... haha! Sometimes it's a little more challenging than others! I'm glad they are enjoying it though - that means they are learning!! :) I'm signing up to take the GRE in a couple of weeks.. I'm pretty much dreading it and if I don't get a minimum score of 1000, I don't get accepted, boo! I haven't heard of any other schools requiring it but my heart is absolutely set on JBU. I will be doing a lot of studying and praying over the next couple of weeks! Tonight is the first Airedale game of the season... Good luck guys! Beat VB! Tomorrow is also the first Razorback game.. WPS!! I'm very jealous that the hubs is going to the game without me. He is going with his friend, Daniel.. they will have a lot of fun and that means I get time with his lovely wife which just happens to be one of my favorite people! :) Christian and I plan on tagging along with her to a birthday party. I'm excited about church Sunday - it such a great rejuvenation for the week! We are still talking about finances in our SS class. It has really made me realize what is important, and nothing that money can buy is! I honestly don't even care about shopping that much anymore which is a HUGE change for me! I also dyed my hair back to its original color last night. I was tired of all the maintenance it was taking to be so blonde. I haven't had my hair its original color in my entire adult life! ha! I actually really like it... I think even more than the blonde! I'm almost positive my natural hair color got much darker after I had Christian.. my roots had never been so dark before! It feels really good just to have my natural color though! 
In honor of the first game! GO RAZORBACKS!!

So, yesterday... I went home for lunch and Christian had spit up and I can not stand for him to smell like anything besides a bottle of baby lotion so I immediately put him in the bathtub. I got him out and lotioned him up and Corey said he would get him ready. He had plans to take Christian with him to Academy to get some arrows. When I came back in Christian's room, Corey had him dressed in camo... hahaha! He had to have camo on to shop for hunting stuff I guess! Cracked me up!! It was just the cutest thing... he sent me a picture text while they were shopping. Christian loves his daddy so much, he has been such an amazing dad to our little boy! I'm sure next year, Christian will be out in the woods with him!  

The current status of my post baby body: Let's just say... it's not a good situation. I had to run from my classroom to the library today (one hallway over) and by the time I got there, I was out of breath! I decided it was time to break out the ol' 30 day shred video. So, that's what I did... I was super pumped about working out! I put the video in AND.... only made it 15 minutes. haha!! I was about to die. Loser with a capital L for sure. The worst part of this is.. I am sore today - after 15 minutes!!! haha! Oh well... I made a vow that I would give myself 10 months to lose the weight since it took 10 months to gain it.. it just makes sense to me! ;) So that means I now have 3 more months and I think that is an attainable goal. P.S. - Jillian, I hate you!! :)
Meet Jillian... This is how I imagine her in real life. lol


Hope everyone has a Fantastic Friday!! 
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up Kristen! Have a great weekend with your little boy.

    ReplyDelete