Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christian's 1st Christmas...

This might be quite a long post.... So, this was Christian's 1st Christmas and the best one ever!! First of all, Christmas Eve was a blast... We got up early and went to do some last minute shopping and had lunch at Marketplace (my fave). We even battled Wal-Mart to get some last minute baking items. When we got home Christian took a very long nap so Core and I did some baking together. It was so much fun.. We made chocolate covered pretzels out of the peppermint hershey kisses. They were really good and pretty (I'll post a pic)! I have been saying for a long time that I would love to have a cross with lights around it for the yard. He made me a cross about a week ago and put it out there and when we were finished baking he went out and put lights on it for me.. such a sweet hubby! He turned out great (will post a pic of that too!!). When Christian woke up, we baked/decorated a birthday cake for Jesus. That's just a little tradition I want to do with him every year. Then we rested for a little bit and mom and I made some snacks. We opened all the presents, except for the "Santa" presents... It was SO much fun!! I've always loved Christmas but it is so much more fun now that we have Christian! He got so much stuff between us & his Nanna and Poppy Turt. His favorite presents of the night were the car that Uncle Devin bought him and the Bouncy Turtle from his Nanna. That night we went to the midnight candle lit service/Lord's Supper at church. It was such a great service... our preacher spoke and then several people read scriptures and sang. After that each family took turns going to the alter and taking communion and then we each lit a candle and sat back down until everyone went. It was so peaceful and I felt so close to God. In fact, I've never felt as close to God in my entire life as I do right now.. which is the GREATEST feeling/gift in the world. The next morning we woke up and Santa came! ;) Christian was so excited to crawl in there and find his presents! Santa brought him a baby grand piano, a 4-wheeler, ball, and blankie!! He LOVES that piano!!! We rested before it was time to go to church.. Church was just amazing. Corey rededicated his life after a very emotional service. I won't go into all the details but God is really moving in KBC!!! Next week, he will get baptized again since he considers that the time of him being truly saved. To make it even more special.. Christian is getting dedicated next Sunday, also! I really wanted him to be dedicated on January 1st.. I thought that would be the perfect start to the new year!! :) After church we went to my dad's and celebrated Christmas with them... Once again Christian got a lot of presents and his favorite from Grandpa and Grandma is his rocking horse. Later that evening we celebrated with Dee, Jon, Chris, & Jessica. I bet you wouldn't believe this, but..... Christian got even MORE presents!! haha By this point I was starting to get high anxiety over where all these toys were going to go. Maybe it's time to consider building a bigger house or adding on a play room?! haha! He got a train from his Mimi that he just loves!! We aren't even finished yet... His dad just got in town tonight so we will have another Christmas tomorrow! I'm not even going to start sorting through all the toys and finding them homes until that is over! Anyway, we had a wonderful Christmas and even though Christian got a lot of toys, clothes, and everything else under the moon... The one true meaning of Christmas is Jesus' birthday and He is the GREATEST gift of all. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment