Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hello Grad School...

Last night was my first class of graduate school. I went through all different kinds of emotions yesterday and definitely on my way to class. First of all, I am very excited to start this new journey in my life. I am so passionate about counseling and therapy. I feel like that is my calling and I can't wait to be able to have a career in that one day. I feel very blessed that I have had the opportunity to make career choices that I love instead of having to go to a job everyday for the paycheck. While this is an exciting time in life, it's also really sad because I have to be away from Christian two evenings a week. I don't get home until 7:30 from class and he's usually asleep by then. :(  When I got home last night I was so sad that he was asleep. I made it all the way until 10:00 and then decided that I really needed to put him in bed with me. :) He likes his own bed so he didn't make it long but atleast I got to cuddle with him for a while. I don't even like being away from my husband that long two days a week!! My first class was really interesting though and I think I'm really going to enjoy it. When I got home I told Corey every little detail of my first day like I was a little kid. I even read him my notes - which were very neatly written and high lighted (some things will never change). ;)  I'm so blessed to have an amazing support system in my husband. He stays home with Christian on Thursdays which is one day that I have class, so he will have him from 7:30 am-7:30 pm. He loves it and I will never hear him complain. I know some dads gripe about 3-4 hours.. I am very appreciative of him!! 

Anyway, it's going to be a challenging semester but I'm ready for it! One day down... many more to go! :)

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you!! I remember my first night of grad school: I had a pink Vera Bradley backpack, a pink notebook, a pink Vera Bradley purse to obviously match my backpack, and a cup with a pink straw. I walked into my Political Science class and thought, "Wow, am I that girl? I feel so out of place." haha. But it's a great experience. So, so proud of you! LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!

    ReplyDelete