Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Baby Steps...

First off.... Christian is taking his first steps!!!! I am so excited! He took his first step 3 days ago and then yesterday when I was home for lunch he took 2 steps! I love that I have been able to be home to see it. Thank you Jesus! I guess he will start walking pretty soon... and then life will never be the same! ha! He is changing so much... he waves and says bye bye now, he has his own version of thank you, "et eww." It is the cutest thing ever!! What is not so cute is... He has started throwing fits. Ugh! I am having a hard time with this because I do not want him to be a brat but it's also very hard to scold an 11 month old baby. :( Breaks my heart. Any momma advice would be greatly appreciated! ;)  

Christian got dedicated on New Year's Day. It was so special!! The grandparents, and his favorite aunt & uncle all came to share this special day with us. We gave Christian his first bible that has his name engraved on it. It's so sweet! 

Let's see... Not much else has been going on. I start grad school on Monday and I'm super excited/nervous about that! Corey and I are fasting this week. I am fasting sweets, caffeine, and facebook. This is the longest I've went without any of them and it feels amazing!! Especially the no caffeine part - the horrible headache part is over and now I feel great! I have to say also, I don't miss facebook. I thought I would have a really hard time giving it up but I really don't at all. It's nice to not check what everyone else is doing and saying because honestly why in the world does it matter?! haha! I have spent so much more time reading my Bible and spending time with my family and that is all that matters in the world! 

I hope everyone has had a wonderful start to the New Year!!
 We brought the new year in with our sweet angel!

 Christian's dedication 1/1/12
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment