Thursday, August 7, 2014

He DOES direct my paths.

I have a lot of thoughts. My head is really busy... definitely not as busy these days as it used to be.. and for that I'm thankful. But tonight was just one of those nights I guess. I was thinking of a situation that 6 months ago would have drove me crazy. It would have consumed my thoughts, stressed me out, and all for nothing. Tonight was different. As I was thinking about the situation, I said to myself, "Maybe I'm not supposed to understand... Maybe God is just directing my paths." Immediately a light went off... MAYBE??? MAYBE God is JUST directing my paths??? Of course God is directing my paths.... which is exactly why it doesn't matter how hard I try to make something happen, if it's not in line with God's will for my life, chances are I should just get over it. Did I really just discover something that I've been searching for all my life? All this stress, heart ache, trying to please people, worrying for nothing... all of this could have been as simple as letting it go and letting God take over? No..... no way... In my controlling-like brain it could have never been that simple. But it is. And tonight I realized that. I've thought it many times, but I didn't truly feel it until tonight. There is no doubt in my mind that as I started to think about this same situation that would have got me down a few months ago, God immediately stepped in and spoke to me. His words are powerful. His words are comforting. And best of all, His word is TRUTH.

Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. -Proverbs 3:6

No comments:

Post a Comment