Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday Blessings

I'm obviously the worst blogger on earth. Harrison became a toddler one day and that was that. haha! I haven't given up on it completely though. This blog is a way for me to document precious memories and I've already wished I had written down some of the sweet moments that I can't remember every detail of already. So, my plan is to make an effort to post more often, even if they are short and sweet. These posts are really just for me to be able to look back and read one day anyway and for our family to enjoy hearing about the boys. :) 

Today, I took the boys with me to run errands. I have been pinning and brainstorming like crazy and could not wait any longer to get some things for my classroom. I am so excited about my purchases!! Eek!! 😊 Any place that has stationary, office supplies, and craft stuff is heavenly to me. I love Learning Oasis and the boys love the Toy Zone in there so it's a win, win. Then we went to Hobby Lobby.. One of my favorite places ever. I probably did way too much damage for one day so maybe the husband won't look at the checking account. If he does, who could get mad about me wanting to create the best learning environment possible for my kids?! 😉👍 I'm sure he will just be happy to see that I'm doing something with the crazy amount of hours that I spend on Pinterest each night. 

Adorable chalkboard.. I'm a sucker for pennants. 

I'm obsessed with the fabric I got to put together. I'm going to give this whole sewing thing a go... It could be interesting but I'm determined. A couple of table skirts and a curtain shouldn't be too complicated, right?? 😁 I'll be calling on my mom for back up. 

This cross is also a chalkboard.. Love. 

Cute new frames that may or may not make it to my classroom.. I love them lots for the house, too! 💛 Corey says we are at maximum chevron capacity though. 

I have big, exciting plans for this metallic gold paint...

And I bought this picture because it looks good with the black and white striped, gold polka dot fabric. It also has the perfect saying for my classroom.

I get so excited to decorate my room each year and more excited to meet all my new kiddos!! #lovemyjob I'm pretty sure hashtags do not belong in the blog world but I like them. And this is my blog. 

Anyway, on our way in to Hobby Lobby, I was holding Harrison on my hip and holding Christian's hand. He looked up at me and said, "We are all connected.... except daddy, he is at work." I thought it was the sweetest thing. I have no idea where that even came from because I've never said it. And the fact that he included daddy was pretty sweet too, because he was thinking how we are all connected. ❤️ That little boy has such a sweet heart. Then, while we were shopping, he starts singing "Hey, hey, dear Jesus.. Hey, hey, He is risen!" Which is a mix of a song from VBS and one that he's made up.. lol I didn't even know he knew that song at all. A couple that was close by thought it was so cute and thanked me for raising him to know Jesus. They were an older couple and so so sweet. All the while, Harrison is trying his best to sing along and definitely making up his own version. He was so good the entire time we were out, like usual. That kid hardly makes a peep.. He just strolls around, smiling, like he's the happiest thing in the world. I sure am proud of those babies. I spend a lot of time praying about this parenting thing, doubting myself, and asking the Lord for guidance to raise them in His word... And it's days like today that I feel like He shines a little light down to say, "you're doing alright, my child." 



No comments:

Post a Comment