Sunday, March 27, 2016

Saved by Grace - Christian Michael

Well, I haven't posted an update in... forever. But this.. this is worth taking time out to remember forever. Our sweet boy, Christian, asked Jesus into his heart. I want to write out all the details now so that he will have these sweet memories forever.

About 4 months ago, Christian started asking very serious questions about salvation. Corey and I read  bible stories with him all the time, talk to him about Jesus, and he hears it at church and at school. He's always been very interested in knowing more and learning more about God's word. But he got very specific about being saved back in November. I remember having a long conversation with him in bed about it and him asking me to pray with him. He told me he knows he wants to follow Jesus and spend forever in Heaven one day. He was very persistent about it all. So of course I prayed with him. He was four at the time, almost five... Obviously I questioned if he truly knew what he was asking but I knew I did not want to question the Lord and His timing is perfect timing. If this is when He was drawing him in, I would not question that for a second. Corey was on shift so I talked to him about it the next morning and he talked with Christian more about it. He was so confident in it... He was saved and Jesus was in his heart is exactly what he told his daddy. He explained to him exactly what that meant and I remember Corey and I looking at each other in a bit of shock, but overwhelming joy. I have prayed for this day his entire life. Every single night. God is so so good ya'll. We told him how proud we were of him and kind of left it there for a while.

Over the past few months Christian has been more and more curious about different things he learns at church or at school... He really asks a ton of questions when him and Corey read the bible together at night. He would still bring up Jesus living in his heart and talk about Heaven. Not until this past Monday night when we were eating dinner though did we question him about it. He had just finished praying before dinner and something was brought up about being saved... Christian VERY confidently started telling us all about that night in bed that he asked Jesus into his heart. Corey asked him some questions and he answered them all spot on. Just seeing the look in his eyes while talking about it.. I knew. I started crying of course because I hadn't felt such an overwhelming joy I don't think. We asked him if he was ready to talk to Brother Eric about it and he was so excited and said yes!! I text Eric and told him the great news and he responded AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! There is no greater feeling in the world than knowing your baby asked Jesus into his heart and KNOWS what that means. Lord, we give you ALL the glory. Thank you for using us to teach him.

So, we were all SO VERY excited for church on Sunday (today) because Christian couldn't wait to share his news. And the next night, on Tuesday, I broke out in a severe poison ivy rash all over and predominantly on my face. It wasn't just a little rash either... it was go big or go home as one of my friends said. It ruined our trip to Branson on spring break and I was terrified that I wouldn't make it to church on Sunday. I prayed like crazy every single day and night for God to just heal me enough to make it there. Oh, the devil was fighting hard!! Saturday was the worst day.. my eye was almost swollen completely shut and I felt like I had been chemically burned. I still was not giving up hope and had so many people praying for me which was a huge blessing. I woke up this morning, SO much better than yesterday, and good enough to cover my face with some make up and GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY!!!!! My baby boy marched right up there during the invitation, with Jesus in his heart, and proclaimed it for everyone to know. THANK YOU LORD!!!! You are such a good, GOOD Father.






That is a face of a very proud daddy right there! :)


Christian Michael, you changed our lives forever the moment we found out about you and you haven't stopped since. You are a little miracle sent to us straight from God and one of the greatest blessings on earth. You are such a special little boy.. There's no doubt about that. Your heart is unlike most and your daddy and I are beyond proud of you. We love you so much precious boy.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8 

*March 27, 2016*


No comments:

Post a Comment